Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Formula for damage taken in FFXIV

Formula for damage taken?

I'm trying to work out just how effective Defense is.

There is a % of damage reduction formula for Defense somewhere on these threads. I really don't remember it off the top of my head, but someone worked it out.
If I had to guess from what i remember is that 1 defense is somewhere in the ballpark of .1% damage reduction. Don't quote me on FFXIV gil
that.

Remember though, it gets a boost from "protect".


edit*

http://valk.dancing-mad.com/methodol...mageMitigation

Percent Physical Damage Taken = 1 – (0.044 x PDEF)

Percent Magical Damage Taken = 1 – (0.044 x MDEF)

old site, mostly correct calculations, probably easier to just say its .05% for every point of defense. then take into account protect ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment